Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend fun: alphabets

I'm in love with typography and alphabet inspired art. 
The ALPHABET is a key tool in the physical toolbox of expression.
I'm proud to honor it today, 
along with these featured artists! 
(credited whenever possible)


To start us off, here is a photo of the Celtic alphabet that hangs in my living room. I snatched it up the moment I laid eyes on it in a sweet, little shop in Dublin. It's based on the art found in the ancient Book of Kells.

{artist unknown}


As a teacher and children's book writer, I also swoon over alphabets created for children.





 My favorite board book


Admiring the intricacies of pen and pencil illustration...





Another collection of alphabet eye candy: FOUND ART

 French - avion, bicyclette, canard...




And finally farther afield...unusual examples of alphabet reverence.




And my FAVORITE of the day...



Find more ALPHABET LOVE on my Pinterest board!

No comments:

Post a Comment